We (Dataknights Ltd) are committed to use personal data with a responsible for the safe collection and processing of such data, always in full compliance with the General Regulation for the Protection of Personal Data of the European Union (Regulation 2016/679 - GDPR) and the applicable legislation in Cyprus governing the collection and processing of Personal Data of Natural Persons (L. 215(I)/2018).
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE PROCESS
We may process personal data about prospective, current, and past: clients, staff, suppliers and contractors and other individuals connected to our company.
The personal data we process takes different forms. Depending on our relationship examples of personal data we may process, but not limited to are:
- names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and other contact details;
- academic, education and employment data;
- financial information.
- other personal data that may be needed to process for providing you our services.
In case we may process special category personal data (eg concerning health, ethnicity, religion or biometric data), We do so in accordance with applicable data protection Regulation and Law (including with respect to safeguarding or employment) or by explicit consent.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data for:
- The provision of services to clients
- Operational management including the compilation of client records; the administration of invoices, fees and accounts; the management of security and safety arrangements (including the use of the company’s IT and communications systems); management planning and forecasting; research and statistical analysis; the administration and implementation of the company’s rules and policies for clients and staff; the maintenance of historic archives and other operational purposes.
- Staff administration including the recruitment of staff; engagement of contractors; administration of payroll; sick leave; review and appraisal of staff performance; disciplinary procedures; and the maintenance of appropriate human resources records for current and former staff; and providing references.
COLLECTING, HANDLING AND SHARING PERSONAL DATA
We collect most of the personal data we process directly from the individual concerned. In some cases, we collect data from third parties.
Personal data held by us is processed by appropriate members of staff for the purposes for which the data was provided.
Technical and Organisational Measures
We take appropriate technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of personal data about individuals, including policies around use of technology and devices, and access to companys systems.
Transferring of data with Third Parties
We do not transfer personal data outside of the European Economic Area unless we are satisfied that the personal data will be afforded an equivalent level of protection.
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL DATA
We retain personal data only for a legitimate and lawful reason and only for so long as necessary. Some records such as copies of contracts and financial records are kept indefinitely or until you notify us for erasure. Most records are erased 7 years after termination/completion of agreement.
Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications will be kept by us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
If you have any specific queries about our record retention periods, or wish to request that your personal data is considered for erasure, please contact [email protected].